Male Hormone Deficiency / Testosterone Deficiency
Loss of sex drive & male hormone deficiency
Testosterone deficiency affects more than you know, with 110,000 Irish men suffering – but we can help!
Testosterone deficiency syndrome (TDS) is a condition caused by a drop in testosterone production in men. Your body’s testosterone level peaks during adolescence and early adulthood. When you reach about 40, your body produces less testosterone. For many men, testosterone levels decline slowly and are not associated with any symptoms.
If you suspect you may be suffering from TDS, talk to a Doctor who knows exactly what you’re going through here at the Fitzwilliam Private Clinic.
What are the symptoms?
- Decreased libido
- Erectile dysfunction
- Loss of bone density/osteoporosis
- Loss of muscle mass
- Reduced muscle strength
- Decreased exercise endurance
- Prolonged recovery time after exercise
- Increase in fat mass
- Memory loss
- Mood changes and depression
What happens during the appointment?
You will be seen by Dr. Pearse Phelan, our resident specialist. After taking your medical history he will complete a medical examination to complete his diagnosis. From here Dr. Phelan will outline the right course of treatment for you.
Questions we might ask you during your appointment?
- Have you felt a decline in your feeling of general well-being?
- Have you felt a decrease in muscular strength?
- Have you felt any joint pain or muscular ache (lower back pain, joint pain, pain in a limb, general back ache)?
- Have you felt depressed, down, sad, on the verge of tears with a lack of drive or mood swings?
- Have you experienced excessive sweating recently?
- Have you had problems sleeping or do you feel particularly tired?
- Have you noticed a decrease in beard growth?
- Have you felt irritable, aggressive, easily upset by little things or moody?
- Have you noticed a decrease in your ability and/or frequency to perform sexually?
- Have you felt nervous, anxious or panicky (inner tension, restlessness, feeling fidgety)?
- Have you noticed a decrease in the number of morning erections?
- Have you noticed a decrease in sexual desire/libido (lacking pleasure in sex, lacking desire for sexual intercourse)
- Have you noticed an increase in physical exhaustion?
REGAIN YOUR CONFIDENCE
If you’re having problems, talk to a doctor who knows exactly what you’re going through, in a discrete, compassionate consultation at the Fitzwilliam Private Clinic.
Men's Health Clinic: (01) 662 9777
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Being unable to keep an erection was consuming my life. After 5 minutes the doctor had convinced me that it was fairly common and that he had helped hundreds of men with exactly the same problem.
Thomas, 37 - Roscommon