Women's Health Physio
Women’s Health at Fitzwilliam Private Clinic
Women's Health Physiotherapy aims to address the cause of issues, including urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse, as well as muscle and joint pain during and after pregnancy and labour.
You are not alone
38 in 1000 women suffer from chronic pelvic girdle pain
Between 50-70% of pregnant women struggle with back pain
54% of pregnant women reporting loss of bladder control.
Urinary incontinence affects approximately 1 in 3 of women.
We know that lots of women “put up with” these symptoms and do not seek help but an assessment and treatment from a pelvic floor specialist physiotherapist can help. Often advice and specific exercises can make a big difference.
What is Women's Health Physiotherapy?
Women’s health is a specific area of physiotherapy which focuses on the treatment and management of women’s health issues. This can include:
- pregnancy and delivery related issues - back pain, pelvic pain, pelvic floor weakness, diastasis rectus (separation of the abdominal muscles)
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
How can Women's Health Physiotherapy help?
Our women’s health physiotherapists specially trained and here to help by:
- Improving tissue mobility
- Strengthening weakened muscles, such as the pelvic floor and abdominals
- Increasing mobility of the pelvis and lower back
- Advice and education on your lifestyle
- Home exercise program to assist recovery
What will the treatment consist of?
At your first appointment your physiotherapist will take a detailed medical history and conduct an assessment.
Following the assessment your physiotherapist will develop a treatment plan tailored for your needs. This may include soft tissue release, joint release, home exercise and education.
Can I claim back expenses on my health insurance?
This depends on your coverage. We will give you a receipt and you can submit it to your insurer.
How much does it cost?
- Initial Assessment 45 minutes €85
- Follow Up Appointment 45 minutes €85
Request an appointment
Get back on track - contact our specialist team using our form or contact number to request an appointment today.
Call Us: 01 662 9908
Email Us: email@example.com